Tuesday, September 21, 2010

~A bit about me...

First, I have loved blogging since the late great 360 yahoo experience; moreover,   I was able to enjoy meeting people of all sorts there...which is very much a part of me... liking different cultures, learning about different backgrounds, and observing the lives of others through their own perspective.  It is an ever enhancing experience to familiarize yourself with things you didn't know you didn't know... (laughs, here, retrospectively). Just love people and history-- all of it. 

Second, I have found all the university hours accumulated over a period of years while raising four sons as a single parent taught me many things about myself...both weaknesses and strengths and we are definitely focusing on the strengths and the positive in this blog for I cannot abide in negative vibes for long without feeling I'm withering away... Writing poetry is a way I cope with and work with things on my mind and in my life... it is an expression of my inner self revealed in various ways.  So, you will be seeing  posts of poetry often, here.

Third, I'm writing a novel or two in the beginning stages. One is about my life experience with great wonderful grandparents and how they impacted and influenced both myself and my cousins-- we were a motley crew following a grandfather into adventures (part of the story's main theme and title of the book to be: Corn Cob Hill). The other novel is a regency novel based on that period Jane Austin masterly wrote about... my novel is for the fun of the romance and the fun found in love in that time frame with the values of that
period in the forefront.. a fun lovely write I'm enjoying. Jane and the Bronte sisters influenced me early on...Another great late regency writers was Georgette Heyer who wrote a favorite novel, "Faro's Daughter'.... (fell madly for that hero, aha).  Early on as a teen had read in serial form the "Mistress of Mellyn by Victoria Holt and was swept away by the mystery and intrigue ...along with the ideal of Tarzan  (the man of my dreams back then)...adventures in all the books by Edgar Rice Burroughs). Ahhhh, those men described in fiction making a young heart beat pitter patter faster and faster!

Fourth, I'm just me with all my imperfections and  abilities, insights and my own perception gained through my own particular unique journey in life always looking forward to seeing how things continue (*smiles, here).  I welcome you to my blog and hope you will find something interesting and a new way to see...

                                                                            Fond regards to my fellow bloggers!
                                                                                          ~Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment